Thursday, December 24, 2015

Countdown to Bermuda: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

"No matter how your heart is grieving..if you just keep believing...your dream that you wish will come true."



Three weeks from today at this very moment I will be on Delta Flight 561 traveling from Boston to Bermuda. It will be the manifestation of a wish - a dream of mine to run the Bermuda Half Marathon. Three years ago I had seen the Race Weekend advertised. I set forth the intention that one day I would return to Bermuda not only without a leg brace and using a wheelchair to travel but would run the Bermuda Marathon the year I turned 60. Okay so it will be the year I turn 63 and it will be the half but it is a dream come true!

Tomorrow I run 12.5 miles - 12.5 on 12/25 - my 62nd birthday.

Today I get to spend the day with Tom preparing mind, body and soul to go the farthest distance I have run since 4/20/09. It's only .5 miles farther than what we ran last Saturday.

I am totally confident in this undertaking.

Tomorrow is my 62nd birthday. I already have the best gifts! Tom is my running and life partner and we are getting up early to run 12.5 miles before our son and his girlfriend arrive for Christmas/birthday dinner. I am healing all that went before. I feel the transformation happening gaining momentum with each treatment turbo charged by my meditation and all that I do in my training.

My life is truly remarkable. It's been a phenomenal year of challenges, of growth, of transformation and of profound and lasting healing.

A wish is a dream your heart makes ...

What's your Christmas wish?

No comments:

Post a Comment